5 Mini Reviews: Sophyto, S5, Weleda & Melvita

Wednesday 16 April 2014

A collective handful of hits and misses in this 5 Mini Reviews post today.  Here are my thoughts on these samples!

(1)  Sophyto Balancing Daily Moisturizer
I had high hopes for this as I've seen a couple of green bloggers rave about Sophyto products in general, but alas, this moisturiser wasn't for me.  It left a slightly tacky feel to the skin that I didn't like and for some reason, this made my foundation go on really patchy afterwards.  Not impressed.
Purchase the full size?  Nope!

(2)  Sophyto Purifying Silken Cleanser
In conjunction with the moisturiser above, I used this cleanser and again was disappointed.  The texture is lovely though - very silky and it feels high-end, but it just didn't perform well for me.  Whenever I used it, I was left feeling like my skin wasn't completely clean.
Purchase the full size?  No. 

(3)  S5 Purity Serum*
I was so, so sad to see this run out, absolutely loved it!  It's amazing for anyone who suffers with problematic skin.  I did still get the occasional odd blemish every now and again whilst I was using this, but didn't experience any new breakouts which for me is a massive bonus point.
Purchase the full size?  Currently saving up for the big bottle!

(4)  Weleda Citrus Creamy Body Wash
This smells incredible - very uplifting and zesty as you'd imagine.  I love the formulas of Weleda's Creamy Body Washes and would recommend them to anyone who has dry skin.
Purchase the full size?  Yes.

(5)  Melvita Rose Cleansing Oil*
Another hit for me, great texture and scent, and it just got the job done.  Removed all of my makeup (including waterproof mascara) easily and efficiently without the need to scrub.  I really enjoyed having this little travel size bottle in my weekend bag and it lasted ages too.
Purchase the full size?  Yes.

Have you tried any of these?
 
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

16 comments

  1. I had some Sophyto samples way back in an Amarya box they are soo disappointing just very meh... I do like the look of the Melvita though :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed by these two - they came in a try me set from a Love Lula order and I'm so glad I didn't splurge and buy full sizes! Glad it's not just me who isn't a fan. The Melvita Cleansing Oil is fab, well worth trying out :) xx

      Delete
  2. Nice post! I have read some so so review about Sophyto.

    Here are my thoughts about S5 purity serum :-):
    http://mademoisellenature.blogspot.nl/2014/01/s5-purity-serum.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like them at all :( Thanks, will have a read :) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm also not a fan of Sophyto. It felt a bit tacky on my skin. Love the Mevita cleansing oil, anything Weleda and S5 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a weird texture don't they? The others are so good :) x

      Delete
  4. I didn't get on with Sophyto moisturiser but I did like the cleanser, however it didn't wow me enough to keep repurchasing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel about the Purity Serum - amazing but requires saving for the big bottle!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does! I'm trying out a few other products which are similarish at the moment so we'll have to see how those work out xx

      Delete
  6. I've not tried any of these products, but they sound really good, especially the cleansing oil.

    Jess x

    www.jessicalaar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely cleansing oil, especially if you like rose scents :) x

      Delete
  7. I had that Sophyto cream, it was okay but nothing special..like you I expected so much more. Everyone has been raving about those S5 serums, I want to try one! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was so disappointed :( The S5 serums are amazing though! xx

      Delete
  8. I must try the Melvita Cleansing Oil, I love cleansing oils as I find it's really gentle on the skin and it doesn't strip your skin of anything!

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same reason I love them! The Melvita one is really good :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.