Review & Photos: Superdrug Colour Episode Natural Dark Brown 4.0

Sunday 24 August 2014

A picture of Superdrug Colour Episode Natural Dark Brown 4.0
When I was at college, I experimented with hair colour as much as any rebellious teenager does and I always loved Superdrug's own brand dyes because they were budget friendly and cruelty free.  

Fast forward to now and I've come to embrace my natural brown hair colour a lot more, but I do like to use semi-permanent dyes every now and then to give it a colour boost, especially for special occasions. Browsing in Superdrug again, I noticed that they have a brand new own brand range called 'Colour Episode' so when the opportunity arose for me to try one out, I had to give it a go.  The semi-permanent range currently has 6 shades that are all very natural looking, from honey blonde to chestnut red and browns in between.

As I wanted to something to enhance my natural hair colour, I chose the Natural Dark Brown 4.0 shade which is a fantastic match.  Applying it was super easy because the semi-permanent dye comes in a handy mousse formula that doesn't need to be mixed or messed around with.  I simply pumped the mousse out, spread it evenly over my freshly washed and towel dried hair and left it on for 30 minutes to get the full effect.  If you want a more subtle effect, you can leave it for a shorter time (all of the instructions are easy to follow and on the box as well as the enclosed leaflet).  I didn't have any problems with dripping as the mousse formula stayed where I put it, so after the 30 minutes were up, I rinsed it out until the water ran clear and applied the Intensive Colour Conditioner sachet for 2 minutes. After rinsing that out, I gave my hair a quick blow dry and...
ta-da!  This is what it looks like (excuse my dumb expression lol).  It's really given my natural brown hair colour a much more even and glossy depth of dark brown that's very swish-worthy.  The Intensive Conditioner left my hair silky soft and feeling nourished so I was impressed with that too.  This semi-permanent dye lasts for around 6-8 washes, though I expect mine may not last that long as I only used one pack and have past-shoulder length hair as you can see, so I'd probably try two packs next time.  Regardless, I'm happy with the results!

Superdrug Colour Episodes* are available exclusively from Superdrug, both instores and online at superdrug.com - currently on offer for just £3 a pack!  The range is cruelty free and contains no ammonia.  Please read the full instructions on the box to make sure that it's suitable for your hair.

Do you use semi-permanent dyes?

[Follow me on: Facebook | BlogLovin' | Twitter Instagram | Pinterest | She Said Beauty | Amazine]

P.S Have you entered my international Giveaway to win a Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush of your choice?  Click here!
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

4 comments

  1. We don't have store brand hair dyes here in Canada (as far as I know). I have tried a semi-permanent dye from Garnier Herbashine that was a gift (not cruelty-free) and I finally got to use it two months ago - it was a deep purple, now it has faded a bit to a dark red, but it's still looking great! I was expecting it to fade so quickly since it says up to 28 shampoos on the box - this has changed my mind regarding these dyes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't dyed my hair in a while. You look gorgeous! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.