Winter Hands Saviours - The Favourites Edit

Monday 12 January 2015

Winter Hands Saviours - The Favourites Edit
If your hands are feeling very dry from the cold weather, then this is the blogpost for you. Here's my current stash of hydrating skin saviours that I highly recommend if you want to give your hands some serious TLC.

Best To Use During The Day
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream (30ml, £8, link)
One of the first hand creams I ever tried and it's still one of the best IMO.  With a 20% shea butter formula, this baby will instantly transform the driest hands into the softest things you've ever touched. It's thick but sinks into the skin instantly and with zero greasiness or stickiness.

Bodhi & Birch Lime Blossom Protecting Hand Serum* (30ml, £22, link)
A beautiful luxury and pampering hand serum with the most divine uplifting scent.  It features Olive Squalene Oil and  Rosehip Oil which are both well known for not only their high moisturising abilities but also their anti-aging properties.  An excellent choice for those wanting to protect their hands from free radicals damage and to keep them looking young and feeling supple.

Best Before Bedtime
Odylique Lemon Butter Hand Smoothie* (60ml, £12, link)
This one is for all you citrus/lemon fans - a seriously rich and ultra hydrating blend featuring the likes of Cocoa Butter, Avocado Oil, Sea Buckthorn Oil and Calendula, plus pure essential oils for a zesty and uplifting scent.  Thick in texture, but once it's rubbed in, it gets to work and feels very nourishing. It's also 93% organic and vegan friendly.      

Pinks Boutique Hand Balm* (50g, £21, link)
A super thick balm comprised of Organic Shea Butter, Sunflower, Apricot Kernel, Jojoba Oils and essential oils, this is the one to reach for when you really need a product to sink in and do its magic slowly overnight.  I love waking up to soft hands whenever I use this and the tub lasts absolutely ages because the tiniest amount goes such a long way.

Best Multi-Purpose
Bee Good Honey, Borage & Echium Intensive Hand Repair(50ml, £12, link)
Intensive by name and intensive by nature, this hand repair from Bee Good can also be used on feet, elbows and knees to combat dryness and repair chapped damage.  I find that this one is particularly good for when I have ezcema flare ups too because it's very soothing and kind to irritated and sensitive skin.  

LUSH Dream Cream (240g, £11.95, link)
A firm favourite in my stash, I use Dream Cream as a body lotion and sometimes as a hand cream, especially if I'm travelling.  It has lots of soothing ingredients like Oat Milk, Rose Water and Chamomile to calm down sensitive skin, whilst giving it a moisturising boost at the same time. There's also a self-preserving option available for those wanting to avoid unnecessary ingredients such as parabens.

What are your favourite hand creams / treatments?

 [Follow me on: BlogLovin' Facebook | Twitter Instagram | Pinterest]
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

14 comments

  1. My hands are very sensitive and can get dry and irritated during any season so a good hand cream is a must for me. My favourites are from La Roche-Posay but I tried the Bee Good Hand Repair and it was fantastic as well. x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear you're a fan of the Bee Good Hand Repair, it's so good! I'll have to look into the La Roche Posay ones as I love their skincare :) x

      Delete
  2. Great post, that hand smoothie just looks amazing - love the sound of the scent :) Tania x

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the problem is My hands are too sensitive and My fingers can always in cracks, I'm only using petroleum to lessen the cracks and its not the best after all. I wonder if this products can help me take away this cracks.. Thanks for the review Miss Evelyn.
    xx
    jona
    https://www.lifecellaustralia.com.au/products/lifecell-skin-care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend any of these as you really want to try something that doesn't have any petroleum in it because it's not great for sensitive or dry skin (dries it out even more over time in my experience). Thanks Jona :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hand cream in something I don't use often enough! Really should make more of an effort haha love the sound of the Bodhi & Birch and Odylique :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of those things where once you start using it regularly, you end up using it all the time! :) x

      Delete
  5. I may have to look up some of these! I bought a tube of Dessert Essence hand cream recently and I was pretty disappointed with it--it was far too thin for my dry winter hands. :/ I bet that Lush Dream Cream smells amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's such a shame about Dessert Essence :( Dream Cream does smell good!

      Delete
  6. These all sound absolutely amazing! I've only tried the L'Occitane one out of these but it's my favourite to date. I'd love to try the Bodhi and Odilyque ones xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to try Odylique and Bodhi & Birch. These are lovely picks!

    -Dream & Scheme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.