Budget Beauty: You Beauty Discovery Box - May 2015 review

Monday 11 May 2015

You Beauty Discovery Box - May 2015 review
May's You Beauty Discovery Box has landed and is themed around the recent CEW beauty awards. Here's what I chose for my box from the shortlist of products available.

A lot of the choices this month sold out VERY quickly with many products being advertised as 'limited availability' from the start.  I ordered my box at around 8:30am (opening time for orders is 7am) and picked the following:-

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (4.8g deluxe sample - full size is 8g for £19)
This has been on my wishlist since it launched so I'm really happy to finally have the chance to try it out.  It features an interesting hourglass shaped wand and promises 1,944% more volume than regular mascaras - well, we shall see!

The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Miracle Solid Oil (full size, £8)
I recently stayed with a friend who had the shower gel version of this in her bathroom and I fell in love with the scent straight away, so I was keen to try this.  It's a solid pressed oil that melts once warmed between fingers and applied to the skin.  You can use it to on any dry body bits like cuticles, heels etc, and for as a hair oil as well to tame frizz and add shine.
You Beauty Discovery Box - May 2015 review
As always YBD included some extras in the form of Jimmy Choo Man Eau De Toilette (2ml sample - this has been given to my housemate) and a 4ml sample sachet of the much hyped Snail Gel from Dr Organic.  There's also a 20% off voucher which can be used on selected beauty and fragrance from Marks & Spencer - discount code is BEAUTYGMBOX1 for online purchases.

You Beauty Discovery Box is £6.95 per month incl p&p.  To find out more and to sign up, visit http://www.youbeautydiscovery.co.uk/members-box 

Did you get a You Beauty Discovery Box this month?
Which two products did you choose?

[Follow me on: BlogLovin' | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest] 
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

10 comments

  1. I like the sound of that mascara, I'm always looking for the perfect mascara! Looking forward to hearing if it's any good x

    www.rentorchanel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try it, heard so many good things! x

      Delete
  2. I went for the same products as you :-) I think I ordered mine when I woke up about 7.30am haha. I knew the Too Faced mascara would go super quickly xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike ;) Yeah that one went so fast! xx

      Delete
  3. I really like the Body Shop Argan Oil - it's been a nice surprise how good it is x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a few people say that - I love it :) x

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to read your thoughts on both of your choices :) I'm intrigued by the solid balm!

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving both at the moment, especially the mascara! x

      Delete
  5. The body shop argan oil is amazing i love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.