Worth The Hype? Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré review

Saturday 16 May 2015

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré review
Skincare fans the world over seem to have a long love affair with all things French (I suspect many of us are indeed closet Francophiles).  Many French skincare products are highly revered, with Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré being touted as one of the best 'budget' buys.  But is it worth the hype?

In my honest opinion, no.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer here but I really don't understand the hype around Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré at all.  

Why?
To me, this is such a basic, no frills, bog-standard moisturiser with not so great ingredients. The second ingredient is Mineral Oil which isn't something you particularly want to be slathering all over your face. Call me a glutton for punishment, but I was curious to try this out and did trial it, but sadly it clogged my pores within 3 days of using it and caused a minor breakout across my chin.  

I've seen many reviews rave about its 'miracle' multi-purpose aspects (it can be used a make-up remover, shaving cream, dry skin fixer, primer etc) but none of these ways worked for me either.  As a make-up remover, it couldn't remove mascara and left a greasy feeling residue; as a shaving cream it was too thick and kept clogging my razor; as a dry skin fixer, it didn't feel hydrating or nourishing at all and as a primer, it just felt too sticky and greasy which didn't help to keep my makeup in place.

Sadly, Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré is one of the most disappointing, overhyped products that I've ever tried as a blogger.  Skip it and try something from one of the other French brands (Nuxe, Caudalie, Melvita, La Roche Posay etc) instead.


Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré* (75ml for £20) is available from various stockists including Boots.

Have you tried this?  
Are you a fan or not?

[Follow me on: BlogLovin' | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest]   
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

8 comments

  1. I've actually had it for a while after reading so many rave reviews but haven't opened it as I was concerned by the mineral oil. I now don't think I'll bother. Thanks for the honest feedback :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t tried this, but have been tempted. But your review has swayed me!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Evelyn! I wouldn't be tempted by this due to the mineral oil ingredient - it would break me out too xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So disappointing isn't it - wish more brands would remove it! xx

      Delete
  4. Oooh, this hype seems to have passed me by! If you say it is one to avoid, I shall heed your advice!

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.